Every week I'll be posting a quick summary of O365 updates included in the admin weekly digest email that you can sign up for via the admin Message Center: https://admin.microsoft.com/AdminPortal/Home#/MessageCenter - these emails include items posted to the message center over the last week and come out every Monday.
- My Account/Office.com/Office Web Apps are getting a new account management experience (Roadmap IDs: 57078 & 57055)
- Teams and Outlook are various points of integration (Roadmap ID: 57389)
- Share an email and attachments from Outlook to Teams
- Share a copy of channel or chat conversation through email from Teams
- Reply to Teams activity emails via Outlook
- Outlook is no longer adding new features and functionality to Clutter and moving towards the Focused inbox
- Teams will soon be able to add participants to meeting chats (Roadmap ID: 59386)
- Forms now supports file uploads (Roadmap ID: 59344)
- Records management is getting a new way to see/dispose records (Roadmap ID: 59217)
- Fluid Framework is now in Preview to targeted release (Roadmap ID: 56781)
- Teams Desktop app is rolling out to ProPlus semi annual channel starting Jan 14th. If your organization is not using Teams you can disable this via GPO (Roadmap IDs: 51452 & 56828)
- Microsoft Search is removing suggestions from QA
- High Confidence phishing email is coming to the spam filter policy in January
- Microsoft Flow is being renamed to Power Automate
- Advanced Threat Protection campaign views is now in public preview (Roadmap ID: 53661)
- Outlook on the web can install Outlook as a web app and have it available on their desktops. (Roadmap ID: 59250)
- For more information about PWAs: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/progressive-web-apps
- To install Outlook as a PWA: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/use-the-web-version-of-outlook-like-a-desktop-app-b360bd9a-00dc-43a4-bdf8-71cdeeb78e83?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US
- Teams Commercial Cloud Trials are being replaced with Microsoft Teams Exploratory experience
New Feature: Retention labels, proof of disposal for records
We're introducing a new way to see disposed records in Records management.We'll be gradually rolling this out in early January 2020.The roll out will be completed by the end of February 2020.This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 59217.
Updated Feature: Microsoft Search Change to suggested Q&As
Major Update: Announcement started
Act By: Jan 10
For the last year, we've been providing a set of suggested Q&As to help you set up Microsoft Search. We learned from customer feedback that customers prefer to create their own Q&As, so we are removing the suggested set on January 10, 2020 to clean up the list. The ability to create, edit, and publish your own Q&As will remain unchanged.
Reminder: Introducing 'High confidence phishing email' to the spam filter policy
Act By: Jan 06
As communicated in MC193076 we added High confidence phishing email to the spam filter policy. Starting January 6, 2020 we will enable the policy.
Microsoft Flow is becoming Microsoft Power Automate
As announced at Microsoft Ignite 2019, Microsoft Flow is being renamed to Microsoft Power Automate to better align with the Microsoft Power Platform.